Handy Winter Care Advice
- Use salicylic acid-containing treatments rather than benzoyl peroxide if you need assistance managing your acne during the colder months.
- Salicylic acid can nevertheless reduce inflammation despite having a tendency to be less drying.
- Consider using a toner with salicylic acid once daily after cleansing.
- All skin types are vulnerable to dryness during the winter's low humidity.
- To lessen excessive dryness, use topical medications sparingly.
- Remember that as soon as your skin dries up, your sebaceous glands must work harder to create more sebum, which might eventually result in acne.